Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:4-8

The first time I heard this song, I was driving to work. I was running late, and in general pretty grumpy. I'm not a morning person to begin with, and as of late haven't been sleeping much or well. As I started really focusing in on the lyrics and car-dancing along to the beat, I realized just how easily the temptor gets in our heads to make us lose focus on all God has done in our lives and who he has made us to be - his beloved children. I pray that I might remember that the 'stuff' is what God can use to draw us more deeply into himself, and it can never outweigh the blessings of God in my life.
0 Responses

Post a Comment